- Regular and consistent attendance
- Train and mentor other team members
- Verify accuracy of product on pallets against pick tickets (white bars).
- Research pick jobs and resolve errors prior to shipping
- Log all selector errors to identify training opportunities
- Check condition of pallets and have exchanged where necessary
- Ensure pallets are wrapped and stacked for safe transport
- Maintain cleanliness and repair of dock, and facility areas
- Promptly report damage and all inventory discrepancies to supervisor
- Researching and identifying quality control issues to minimize recurrence and ensure regulatory compliance Identifying opportunities for improvement of all inventory functions and programs
- Maintain all food safety, housekeeping and other applicable standards
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Independently lift up to 50 lbs frequently and 100 lbs occasionally
- Able to sit, stand, walk bend, squat on a frequent to continual basis in a refrigerated warehouse environment
- Able to grasp, reach, push or pull (such as boxes of product, or a hand truck) on a frequent basis
- Ability to reach above shoulder level frequently
- Endurance for continuous, fast paced work
- Ability to work in a noisy warehouse environment
- Able to work while wearing appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for the job (such as steel-toed protective footwear, safety glasses, hard hat, gloves, insulated clothing, etc)
- Ability to handle and physically be near products which may contain food allergens (such as fish, shellfish, peanuts, etc.)
- Ability to utilize equipment for the job safely and accurately after training (such as computer, handheld tracker, copiers, scanners, printers, radio headsets, etc.)
Join the Burris Team!
We offer benefits to meet a wide range of needs. From medical, dental, and vision plans, to 401k with a company match and flexible spending accounts, and legal aid, we’ve got you and your family covered. Burris covers 88% of your medical benefit premium!!
Upon eligibility & approval:
- Earn a FREE DEGREE when enrolled in the University of Arizona Global Campus (UAGC) and approved for the Burris Tuition Assistance Program.
- Up to $5,250 in tuition reimbursement for the Associates, Bachelors, or Masters degree program of your choice at any accredited institution.
- Degree programs are not required to be career track or job-related to your role at Burris Logistics.
Since 1925 Burris has been growing its business and its family of team members. From driver to warehouse, dispatcher to administration, the Burris team is known for integrity, reliability, and a dedication to customers. Join our team and experience a reputation to be proud of.
Burris Logistics is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.