Full Job Description
To perform and support all e-commerce warehouse activities as required and/or assigned, including but not limited to: taping boxes, stacking pallets, packing dry ice, loading trailers, and baling boxes.
- Regular and consistent attendance as scheduled
- Train and mentor team members as appropriate
- Accurately handle, count, and verify products for any types of adulteration or damage
- Responsibly handle dry ice, following safety protocols and using appropriate PPE at all times.
- Perform all tasks safely, accurately, professionally and proficiently to safeguard all people, products, equipment and structures and meet reasonably established productivity standards.
- Know, understand, and follow all specific requirements of individual customers (handling, stacking, wrapping, placarding, loading, unloading, accounting for, etc.)
- Ensure all paperwork is legible, accurate, completed timely, and delivered to its proper place or persons
- Operate Material Handling Equipment (MHE) in a controlled, safe and professional manner, only if currently trained and/or certified, by the location that you work
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED. College coursework, continuing technical education or comparable business experience preferred
- Warehouse experience preferred
- Experience operating Material Handling Equipment preferred
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to remain calm and focused while prioritizing requests from multiple sources
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to read and understand label data
- Ability to read small print on packaging and paperwork, with or without corrective lenses
- Ability to utilize good hand-eye coordination and depth perception.
- Ability to take directions using the headset selection system (such as VoCollect)
- Ability to work at elevated heights while wearing PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for the job (such as fall protection harnesses)
- Ability to accommodate flexible schedules to meet the needs of the customer to include nights, weekends and holidays
Physical Demands & Equipment:
- Independently lift up to 50 lbs frequently and 100 lbs occasionally
- Able to sit, stand, walk bend, squat on a frequent to continual basis in a refrigerated warehouse environment
- Able to grasp, reach, push or pull (such as boxes of product, or a hand truck) on a frequent basis
- Able to step up onto and down from equipment as required by task (such as forklift, reach truck, etc.)
- Ability to reach above shoulder level frequently
- Ability to build pallets up to 6 feet tall with case weights up to 50 pounds
- Endurance for continuous, fast paced work
- Able to adjust to fluctuating temperatures and withstand freezing temperatures as low as -20 degrees Fahrenheit
- Ability to work in a noisy warehouse environment
- Able to wear and communicate through headsets for long periods of time as required by location
- Able to work while wearing appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for the job (such as steel-toed protective footwear, harness, safety glasses, hard hat, gloves, insulated clothing, etc)
- Ability to handle and physically be near products which may contain food allergens (such as fish, shellfish, peanuts, etc.)
- Ability to utilize equipment for the job safely and accurately after training (such as computer, handheld tracker, copiers, scanners, printers, radio headsets, forklift, reach truck, etc.)
We offer benefits to meet a wide range of needs. From medical, dental, and vision plans, to 401k with a company match and flexible spending accounts, and legal aid, we’ve got you and your family covered.
Since 1925 Burris has been growing its business and its family of team members. From driver to warehouse, dispatcher to administration, the Burris team is known for integrity, reliability, and a dedication to customers. Join our team and experience a reputation to be proud of.
Burris Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.